Ajsu party to contest LS polls in four states
Ranchi: The Ajsu party on Thursday decided to make a limited foray in national politics and would contest the next Lok Sabha elections in three states, besides Jharkhand.
"The party has decided to plunge into national politics. To start with it will contest four seats each in West Bengal and Odisha and two in Chhatisgarh," Ajsu vice-president Praveen Prabhakar told reporters here.
He said the LS seats chosen are Bankura, Purulia, Jhargram and Midnapore (West Bengal), Keonjhar, Mayurbhanj, Sambalpur and Sundargarh (Odisha) and Sarjuga and Raigarh (Chhattisgarh).
Besides, Ajsu would contest all the 14 LS seats in Jharkhand.
"In its core committee meeting in Ranchi, which was chaired by party president and former deputy chief minister Sudesh Mahto, Ajsu decided to contest in the four states as there are a large number of people whose ideology matches with ours," Prabhakar said.
The party has also appointed two leaders each as incharge of party affairs in Bengal, Odisha and Chhatisgarh, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon wanted to meet his daughter before being hanged
- It's a canard that Kalam was reluctant to appoint Sonia Gandhi as PM: Manmohan Singh