AK Antony discusses incursion issue with top security brass
New Delhi: Defence Minister AK Antony on Tuesday discussed ways of resolving the Chinese incursion issue with the top security brass of the country and emphasised that India will take every step to safeguard its interests there.
Addressing the Unified Commanders` Conference, he said the current situation in Ladakh where Chinese Army troops have camped for over two weeks is "not one of our creation" and India wanted a peaceful solution for it.
In a separate meeting to review the security situation in the region, Antony was briefed on the options before the country to find a peaceful solution to the incursion issue, sources said here.
Chinese troops have come 19 km deep inside the Indian territory and have claimed the area as their own.
National Security Adviser Shivshankar Menon, Defence Secretary Shashikant Sharma, Army Chief Gen Bikram Singh, IAF Chief Air Chief Marshal NAK Browne and Navy Chief Admiral DK Joshi were present in the meeting.
The meeting also discussed the military options before the Indian side to resolve the issue, they said.
At the conference, Antony said the "current situation in Eastern Ladakh as `not one of our creation`... India remains committed to a peaceful resolution of the situation, through dialogue within the framework of agreements for maintaining peace and tranquillity".
He emphasised that India was "united in its commitment to take every possible step to safeguard our interests".
He said India`s ties with "China are, at times, bedevilled by border issues, particularly along the Line of Actual Control (LAC). The recent developments are no exception".
He said India has taken various steps to safeguard its borders with China which includes development of border roads and Advanced Landing Grounds there.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India