AK Antony discusses incursion issue with top security brass
New Delhi: Defence Minister AK Antony on Tuesday discussed ways of resolving the Chinese incursion issue with the top security brass of the country and emphasised that India will take every step to safeguard its interests there.
Addressing the Unified Commanders` Conference, he said the current situation in Ladakh where Chinese Army troops have camped for over two weeks is "not one of our creation" and India wanted a peaceful solution for it.
In a separate meeting to review the security situation in the region, Antony was briefed on the options before the country to find a peaceful solution to the incursion issue, sources said here.
Chinese troops have come 19 km deep inside the Indian territory and have claimed the area as their own.
National Security Adviser Shivshankar Menon, Defence Secretary Shashikant Sharma, Army Chief Gen Bikram Singh, IAF Chief Air Chief Marshal NAK Browne and Navy Chief Admiral DK Joshi were present in the meeting.
The meeting also discussed the military options before the Indian side to resolve the issue, they said.
At the conference, Antony said the "current situation in Eastern Ladakh as `not one of our creation`... India remains committed to a peaceful resolution of the situation, through dialogue within the framework of agreements for maintaining peace and tranquillity".
He emphasised that India was "united in its commitment to take every possible step to safeguard our interests".
He said India`s ties with "China are, at times, bedevilled by border issues, particularly along the Line of Actual Control (LAC). The recent developments are no exception".
He said India has taken various steps to safeguard its borders with China which includes development of border roads and Advanced Landing Grounds there.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!