AK Antony reviews security at border
New Delhi: Defence Minister AK Antony on Thursday reviewed the security situation along the country`s borders and in the neighbourhood at a meeting with the top security brass.
The hour-long meeting held in South Block was attended by Army Chief General Bikram Singh, Navy Chief Admiral DK Joshi, IAF chief NAK Browne and Defence Secretary Shashikant Sharma, Defence Ministry officials said.
During the meeting, the defence minister was given an update on the prevailing security situation along the country`s frontiers and in the neighbourhood, the officials said.
The defence minister also held a separate meeting to review the progress made by Ministry in setting up of the Indian National Defence University at Binola village in Gurgaon, a Delhi suburb.
Officials said there are certain issues about the organisational structure of the university which could have come up at the meeting.
The setting up of the INDU was approved by the Cabinet earlier this year and acquisition of 205 acres of land was also sanctioned for this purpose.
The INDU will impart lessons on national security strategy, national military strategy, national information strategy and national technology strategy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- OROP issue: With no breakthrough in sight, Army veterans may meet PM Narendra Modi today
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police