AK Ganguly must resign, demand MPs
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Retired Supreme Court judge, Justice AK Ganguly – who is accused in a sexual harassment case – came under fire in the Lok Sabha on Friday.
The BJP demanded Ganguly’s immediate removal if he failed to resign on his own from the post of chairman of the West Bengal Human Rights Commission (WBHRC).
Leader of Opposition Sushma Swaraj, of the BJP, raised the issue of alleged sexual harassment of a law intern by Justice Ganguly and demanded his removal.
“Justice Ganguly should either resign or he should be removed,” Sushma said.
“Justice Ganguly shouldn`t remain on his post for one more moment.”
While also raising the matter of Tehelka editor Tarun Tejpal, the BJP leader noted, “Intern accused Justice Ganguly, junior accused Tehelka founder; it`s the guardian-ward relationship. Trust has been destroyed.”
JD-U leader Sharad Yadav backed Sushma’s views, saying, “He (Justice Ganguly) must resign and if there is any truth in the allegations, strict action will be taken.”
The Trinamool Congress also demanded Justice Ganguly’s removal, with its leader Sudip Bandyopadhyay saying, “Endorse Sushmaji`s demand for Justice Ganguly`s immediate resignation.”
As the remarks were being made, a section of MPs shouted, “We want justice.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH