Akali Dal has no issues with BJP`s PM candidate
Amritsar: At a time when the Janata Dal-United seems all set to leave the NDA over the issue of prominence to Narendra Modi, the BJP`s oldest ally, the Shiromani Akali Dal, on Friday said it has no issues over the BJP`s prime ministerial candidate.
Interacting with media here, Akali Dal president and Punjab Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal said his party "would go with the NDA as far as the choice of PM is concerned".
Badal rubbished all talk about a third front, saying that this was only an imaginary exercise.
He said the Akali Dal was a responsible constituent of the National Democratic Alliance (NDA) and would fight unitedly with the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) to defeat the Congress in the next general elections.
The NDA was "all set to sweep the next Lok Sabha polls and ensure freedom of country from the clutches of corrupt Congress party," he said.
He said there was a clear anti-Congress wave sweeping the entire country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP's tally rises to 82 after Atul Shah wins in lottery, Shiv Sena bags 84; CM Fadnavis hails PM Modi's clean governance
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results LIVE: BJP registers emphatic win; PM Narendra Modi says it's a great start to 2017
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017: Shiv Sena wins, BJP runners-up
- Thane Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Shiv Sena set for clear majority, leading in 51 seats, BJP in 17