Akali Dal has no issues with BJP`s PM candidate
Amritsar: At a time when the Janata Dal-United seems all set to leave the NDA over the issue of prominence to Narendra Modi, the BJP`s oldest ally, the Shiromani Akali Dal, on Friday said it has no issues over the BJP`s prime ministerial candidate.
Interacting with media here, Akali Dal president and Punjab Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal said his party "would go with the NDA as far as the choice of PM is concerned".
Badal rubbished all talk about a third front, saying that this was only an imaginary exercise.
He said the Akali Dal was a responsible constituent of the National Democratic Alliance (NDA) and would fight unitedly with the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) to defeat the Congress in the next general elections.
The NDA was "all set to sweep the next Lok Sabha polls and ensure freedom of country from the clutches of corrupt Congress party," he said.
He said there was a clear anti-Congress wave sweeping the entire country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed