Akali Dal has no issues with BJP`s PM candidate
Amritsar: At a time when the Janata Dal-United seems all set to leave the NDA over the issue of prominence to Narendra Modi, the BJP`s oldest ally, the Shiromani Akali Dal, on Friday said it has no issues over the BJP`s prime ministerial candidate.
Interacting with media here, Akali Dal president and Punjab Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal said his party "would go with the NDA as far as the choice of PM is concerned".
Badal rubbished all talk about a third front, saying that this was only an imaginary exercise.
He said the Akali Dal was a responsible constituent of the National Democratic Alliance (NDA) and would fight unitedly with the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) to defeat the Congress in the next general elections.
The NDA was "all set to sweep the next Lok Sabha polls and ensure freedom of country from the clutches of corrupt Congress party," he said.
He said there was a clear anti-Congress wave sweeping the entire country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune
- Radhe Maa dances at casino in London, claims video