Akali Dal has no issues with BJP`s PM candidate
Amritsar: At a time when the Janata Dal-United seems all set to leave the NDA over the issue of prominence to Narendra Modi, the BJP`s oldest ally, the Shiromani Akali Dal, on Friday said it has no issues over the BJP`s prime ministerial candidate.
Interacting with media here, Akali Dal president and Punjab Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal said his party "would go with the NDA as far as the choice of PM is concerned".
Badal rubbished all talk about a third front, saying that this was only an imaginary exercise.
He said the Akali Dal was a responsible constituent of the National Democratic Alliance (NDA) and would fight unitedly with the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) to defeat the Congress in the next general elections.
The NDA was "all set to sweep the next Lok Sabha polls and ensure freedom of country from the clutches of corrupt Congress party," he said.
He said there was a clear anti-Congress wave sweeping the entire country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi