Akhaura-Agartala rail link alignment finalised
Agartala: India and Bangladesh have finalised the alignment for a rail link of 11.5 kms between here and Akhaura in the neighbouring country, which will also reduce the distance to Kolkata by nearly three times.
The alignment was finalised at a meeting yesterday between a high-power delegation of officials led by Zonal Manager of the Indian Railway Construction Company (IRCON),
Yogesh Mishra and Bangladesh Railways led by Chief Engineer Y Ali Mirdha, officials said here today.
The report of alignment would be placed by the officials to their respective ministries.
If sanctioned, work for laying the track will be started by IRCON and funded by India, they said.
According to the final alignment, the distance between Agartala and Akhaura railway station would be 11.5 km.
The distance between Agartala and Kolkata via Guwahati is 1200 km at present which would be reduced to 519 km if the linkage was completed.
Bangladesh has agreed to give access to reach Kolkata through Akhaura at a Prime Minister level meeting held in Delhi in January.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Saudi Airlines flight halted for 3 days in Ahmedabad!
- Watch: Car crushed between 2 trucks in Telangana, 5 dead
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system?
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part II
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part III
- Honda City Vs Honda BR-V: A comparative review
- Have you seen Bajrang Dal training video shot in Ayodhya? Watch it here
- Mercedes-Benz to introduce 4 electric vehicles by 2020
- Mahresult.nic.in MSBSHSE HSC Results 2016: Maharashtra Board HSC Class 12th XII Exam Result 2016 declared
- Is ‘Junooniyat’, ‘Sanam Re 2’? Yami Gautam will tell you