Akhil opposes Team Anna`s decision to join politics
Guwahati: Urging Team Anna to change its decision of joining electoral politics, prominent Team Anna member and peasant leader Akhil Gogoi on Saturday said, "Otherwise, the Krishak Mukti Sangram Samiti will have to take an independent stand".
"We have no faith in the ability of electoral politics. Electoral politics by itself cannot bring an end to corruption. For that we need to change the system itself," Gogoi told a city-based private news channel.
He was replying to a query regarding his views on Team Anna`s decision which was announced yesterday.
Gogoi, a RTI activist and KMSS general secretary, said he had opposed any plans to enter electoral fray earlier also when the matter had cropped up during discussions.
"I had stated earlier also that the fight of India Against Corruption is not against any political party. Rather it was to build a strong public movement in the country," he said.
Incidentally, Gogoi had some months ago announced plans to form a party by 2016. He had, however, made it clear that his party would not enter the electoral fray.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- UPSC Results 2014: Meet top three toppers