Akhilesh assures all help to Hemraj`s family
Khairair: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Monday met the family of martyred soldier Hemraj and assured them that government will take all measures to help them.
Reaching the village, 160 km from Delhi and 50 km from Mathura, Akhilesh spoke to the family members of Hemraj this afternoon.
"The family have shown the strength to face this (tragedy). We have to stand by them. We should all support the family of Lance Naik Hemraj. We have assured that whatever demands they have made for village will be met," he told reporters here.
Pakistan Army regulars had infiltrated inside Indian territory in Poonch sector of Jammu and Kashmir and killed Lance Naiks Sudhakar Singh and Hemraj on January eight.
The Chief Minister`s visit came on the sixth day of the fast of Hemraj`s family demanding that his severed head be brought back.
"We must stand beside them. We are with the family. We will help them in every possible way. We have given them Rs 20 lakh from the government fund and another Rs 5 lakh from the Kisan fund," he said.
Akhilesh said they know that money cannot make up for the family`s loss but it is important that the sacrifice of martyrs are recognised.
Hemraj`s wife Dharamvati, mother Meena and cousin Narendra have taken nothing but intravenous fluid as their condition deteriorated.
Doctors are keeping a close watch and examining them at regular intervals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what