Akhilesh assures all help to Hemraj`s family
Khairair: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Monday met the family of martyred soldier Hemraj and assured them that government will take all measures to help them.
Reaching the village, 160 km from Delhi and 50 km from Mathura, Akhilesh spoke to the family members of Hemraj this afternoon.
"The family have shown the strength to face this (tragedy). We have to stand by them. We should all support the family of Lance Naik Hemraj. We have assured that whatever demands they have made for village will be met," he told reporters here.
Pakistan Army regulars had infiltrated inside Indian territory in Poonch sector of Jammu and Kashmir and killed Lance Naiks Sudhakar Singh and Hemraj on January eight.
The Chief Minister`s visit came on the sixth day of the fast of Hemraj`s family demanding that his severed head be brought back.
"We must stand beside them. We are with the family. We will help them in every possible way. We have given them Rs 20 lakh from the government fund and another Rs 5 lakh from the Kisan fund," he said.
Akhilesh said they know that money cannot make up for the family`s loss but it is important that the sacrifice of martyrs are recognised.
Hemraj`s wife Dharamvati, mother Meena and cousin Narendra have taken nothing but intravenous fluid as their condition deteriorated.
Doctors are keeping a close watch and examining them at regular intervals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read