Akhilesh continues opposing quota in job promotions
Bulandshahr: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Sunday stuck to Samajwadi Party`s stand opposing quota in job promotions for SC/STs and also FDI in multi-brand retail.
On the issue of extending support to Government on FDI in insurance and other planned economic reforms, Yadav said the party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav and its national leadership will take a decision when they are taken up for consideration.
"Our party has different view," Yadav told reporters when asked why it was not supporting the Constitutional Amendment Bill for job quota reservation. He was speaking on the sidelines of 3rd anniversary of Vidyagyan School here
On FDI in retail, Samajwadi party, a key outside supporter of UPA, has said it is not in favour of this measure.
"We will accept FDI in any other field. We do not favour FDI in retails because businesses of lot of people is connected with it," Yadav said.
When asked about SP extending support to the Government on FDI in insurance and other economic legislations, Yadav said, "We will consider them. Netaji and national leadership of party will decide on which issue and what kind of support should be rendered."
On unemployment allowance in the state, the Chief Minister said, "everything has been identified. We will soon get money transferred in account."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!