Akhilesh continues opposing quota in job promotions
Bulandshahr: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Sunday stuck to Samajwadi Party`s stand opposing quota in job promotions for SC/STs and also FDI in multi-brand retail.
On the issue of extending support to Government on FDI in insurance and other planned economic reforms, Yadav said the party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav and its national leadership will take a decision when they are taken up for consideration.
"Our party has different view," Yadav told reporters when asked why it was not supporting the Constitutional Amendment Bill for job quota reservation. He was speaking on the sidelines of 3rd anniversary of Vidyagyan School here
On FDI in retail, Samajwadi party, a key outside supporter of UPA, has said it is not in favour of this measure.
"We will accept FDI in any other field. We do not favour FDI in retails because businesses of lot of people is connected with it," Yadav said.
When asked about SP extending support to the Government on FDI in insurance and other economic legislations, Yadav said, "We will consider them. Netaji and national leadership of party will decide on which issue and what kind of support should be rendered."
On unemployment allowance in the state, the Chief Minister said, "everything has been identified. We will soon get money transferred in account."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!