Akhilesh Yadav defends suspension of IAS officer Durga Shakti Nagpal
Zee Media Bureau
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Thursday defended his government`s move to suspend Gautam Budh Nagar SDM Durga Shakti Nagpal, saying the decision taken was right.
Speaking to reporters, Yadav said her action (of allegedly razing a religious structure`s wall) did merit such an action.
The step taken by the IAS officer could have disturbed situation in the state, the CM said, adding the decision to suspend her was right.
"The government has taken the right step. Communal harmony must not be disturbed," he stated.
He refuted allegations that the decision to suspend Nagpal was taken because of any mining group.
"The government takes decision based on actions by officer," Yadav said, denying claims that the IAS officer`s action against sand mafia led to her suspension.
Hitting out at the IAS officers` association for demanding revocation of Nagpal`s suspension, the Samajwadi Party leader asked, "When an IAS officer mysteriously died some time back, where was the IAS association then?"
He also hit out at the opposition BSP, saying, "One party is trying to give us lessons in honesty. All have seen how honest it (BSP) was for five years in UP."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'