Akhilesh Yadav defends suspension of IAS officer Durga Shakti Nagpal
Zee Media Bureau
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Thursday defended his government`s move to suspend Gautam Budh Nagar SDM Durga Shakti Nagpal, saying the decision taken was right.
Speaking to reporters, Yadav said her action (of allegedly razing a religious structure`s wall) did merit such an action.
The step taken by the IAS officer could have disturbed situation in the state, the CM said, adding the decision to suspend her was right.
"The government has taken the right step. Communal harmony must not be disturbed," he stated.
He refuted allegations that the decision to suspend Nagpal was taken because of any mining group.
"The government takes decision based on actions by officer," Yadav said, denying claims that the IAS officer`s action against sand mafia led to her suspension.
Hitting out at the IAS officers` association for demanding revocation of Nagpal`s suspension, the Samajwadi Party leader asked, "When an IAS officer mysteriously died some time back, where was the IAS association then?"
He also hit out at the opposition BSP, saying, "One party is trying to give us lessons in honesty. All have seen how honest it (BSP) was for five years in UP."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III