All efforts on to arrest underworld don Dawood Ibrahim: Rajnath Singh
New Delhi: Government is making every effort to arrest fugitive underworld don Dawood Ibrahim, who is believed to be hiding in Pakistan, Home Minister Rajnath Singh said on Monday.
"We are trying to arrest him (Dawood). Wherever he is, we will arrest him. Any criminal evading justice should be brought to book. That was the effort of the previous government and it is the effort of our government too," he said during a debate on issues concerning the Home Ministry.
India`s most wanted terrorist, Dawood, is the mastermind of the 1993 serial blasts in Mumbai that claimed around 300 lives.
India believes Dawood is living in Pakistan with the active support of that country`s intelligence agency, ISI, and continues to be involved in anti-India activities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah