All efforts on to arrest underworld don Dawood Ibrahim: Rajnath Singh
New Delhi: Government is making every effort to arrest fugitive underworld don Dawood Ibrahim, who is believed to be hiding in Pakistan, Home Minister Rajnath Singh said on Monday.
"We are trying to arrest him (Dawood). Wherever he is, we will arrest him. Any criminal evading justice should be brought to book. That was the effort of the previous government and it is the effort of our government too," he said during a debate on issues concerning the Home Ministry.
India`s most wanted terrorist, Dawood, is the mastermind of the 1993 serial blasts in Mumbai that claimed around 300 lives.
India believes Dawood is living in Pakistan with the active support of that country`s intelligence agency, ISI, and continues to be involved in anti-India activities.
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- Sony swings to $1.4 bn annual profit as PlayStation sales soar
- Centre, CBSE propose NEET schedule; exam may be conducted in two phases
- North Korea's mid-range missile launch appears to have failed
- VVIP chopper scam: Ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi may be summoned for questioning
- IPL 2016: Rising Pune Supergiants face gigantic task of taming Suresh Raina's rampaging Gujarat Lions