All efforts on to arrest underworld don Dawood Ibrahim: Rajnath Singh
New Delhi: Government is making every effort to arrest fugitive underworld don Dawood Ibrahim, who is believed to be hiding in Pakistan, Home Minister Rajnath Singh said on Monday.
"We are trying to arrest him (Dawood). Wherever he is, we will arrest him. Any criminal evading justice should be brought to book. That was the effort of the previous government and it is the effort of our government too," he said during a debate on issues concerning the Home Ministry.
India`s most wanted terrorist, Dawood, is the mastermind of the 1993 serial blasts in Mumbai that claimed around 300 lives.
India believes Dawood is living in Pakistan with the active support of that country`s intelligence agency, ISI, and continues to be involved in anti-India activities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed in Tamil Nadu Assembly; didn't use force on crowd, says Chennai Police Commissioner
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur