All IAF aircraft to have anti-collision devices: AK Antony
New Delhi: All IAF aircraft to be procured in future will have anti-collision technologies incorporated in them, Defence Minister AK Antony said on Monday.
IAF has decided that all aircraft to be procured by them in future will have anti-collision technologies incorporated in them. The type of equipment will depend on the role and operational employability of the aircraft, he said in reply to a written query in Lok Sabha.
He said the Embraer Executive Jets and Boeing Business Jets for VIP I WIP duties are equipped with Traffic Alert Collision Avoidance Systems and Ground Proximity Warning Systems as anti-collision features.
"The total cost of procurement of these aircraft and the associated equipment is inclusive of the collision avoidance systems mentioned above," Antony said.
Meanwhile, answering another query, the Defence Minister said the 13th Round of Siachen talks between the Defence Secretaries of India and Pakistan were held at Rawalpindi from 11th to 12th June, 2012.
"They reaffirmed their resolve to make serious, sustained and result oriented efforts for seeking an amicable resolution of Siachen issue. It was agreed to continue the dialogue on Siachen in keeping with the desire of the leaders of both countries for early resolution of all outstanding issues", he said.
To a query on Tatra trucks, he said, "The number of such vehicles with the Indian Army is 7,983 and it is about four per cent of total vehicles authorised for use by the Army."
At present there is no further procurement of Tatra Trucks and their spare parts, Antony said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Heatwave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm