All IAF aircraft to have anti-collision devices: AK Antony
New Delhi: All IAF aircraft to be procured in future will have anti-collision technologies incorporated in them, Defence Minister AK Antony said on Monday.
IAF has decided that all aircraft to be procured by them in future will have anti-collision technologies incorporated in them. The type of equipment will depend on the role and operational employability of the aircraft, he said in reply to a written query in Lok Sabha.
He said the Embraer Executive Jets and Boeing Business Jets for VIP I WIP duties are equipped with Traffic Alert Collision Avoidance Systems and Ground Proximity Warning Systems as anti-collision features.
"The total cost of procurement of these aircraft and the associated equipment is inclusive of the collision avoidance systems mentioned above," Antony said.
Meanwhile, answering another query, the Defence Minister said the 13th Round of Siachen talks between the Defence Secretaries of India and Pakistan were held at Rawalpindi from 11th to 12th June, 2012.
"They reaffirmed their resolve to make serious, sustained and result oriented efforts for seeking an amicable resolution of Siachen issue. It was agreed to continue the dialogue on Siachen in keeping with the desire of the leaders of both countries for early resolution of all outstanding issues", he said.
To a query on Tatra trucks, he said, "The number of such vehicles with the Indian Army is 7,983 and it is about four per cent of total vehicles authorised for use by the Army."
At present there is no further procurement of Tatra Trucks and their spare parts, Antony said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Watch: PM Modi addresses rally in Moradabad, UP - Part II
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family