All-India Bar Council exam now on March 6
New Delhi: The Bar Council of India (BCI)
has rescheduled its All-India Bar Council Examination from
December 5 to March 6 due to logistical reasons.
Students who have graduated from law faculty will have to
pass this test before they can become practising lawyers.
The exam will be held in nine languages at 26 centres
across the country. As the results of most of the law
universities have not been declared, the BCI decided to
postpone the exam to enable students prepare for their test,
Bar Council of India Chairman and Solicitor General Gopal
Subramanium told PTI.
Earlier this month, the BCI had extended the date of
filing applications and registration to allow more law
students to take part in the exam.
The BCI has already informed the Law Ministry about its
In the exam, BCI will test the basic knowledge and skills
of students aspiring to become legal professionals by asking
them 100 multiple choice questions.
The test will be conducted in every six months and any
person failing it would be allowed to reappear. The test paper
would be set up by an expert committee comprising senior
India has 1.1 million enrolled advocates and 1,000 law
schools which churn out 60,000 law graduates annually.
Candidate will be free to take their notes and text books
for the examination.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Italian leaders vow to prevent terrorist attacks
- UN chief voices concern over Turkey situation
- Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’ shoot will commence at this breathtaking location – See pic
- WATCH: How Sri Lanka's mystery spinner Lakshan Sandakan left Australia spellbound
- Antibodies that protect against Zika virus in mice identified, claim scientists