All India Judicial Services opposed by 7 states, 11 HCs: Govt
New Delhi: Seven states and 11 high courts have not agreed to a proposal for creation of All India Judicial Services, government said on Tuesday, holding that it would pursue the issue by offering a more plausible and acceptable method.
In a written reply in Rajya Sabha on Monday, Law Minister Ashwani Kumar said, "Ten states and three high courts have conveyed their agreements while seven states and 11 high courts have not supported it. The remaining are non- committal."
He was asked, "Whether government proposes to create an AIJS on the lines of IAS and IPS."
"Consensus on having AIJS has not been possible in the consultation held with state governments and state high courts. Despite difficulties in having a consensus, government proposes to pursue it by offering a more plausible and acceptable formulation of AIJS," Kumar said.
He informed the House that the Constitution was amended in 1977 to provide for AIJS under Article 312 of the Constitution and there has been overwhelming support in its favour by the Law Commission in its reports.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed