All India Police Meet begins at Nashik
Nashik: The 55th All India Police Duty
Meet aimed at discussing various aspects of effective policing
in the backdrop of growing challenges has been kicked off at
the Maharashtra Police Academy (MPA) here.
As many as 28 police teams, comprising 928 officials,
from different states besides the para-military forces are
participating in the four-day gathering inaugurated last
evening by Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan.
The convention is aimed at improving policing by
employing modern techniques in investigations and sharing
information across the states to put a tab on crime.
In his inaugural speech, Chavan said Rs 165 crore have
been spent in phases on modernising state police force in the
last three years against the backdrop of new challenges.
The participating forces presented an impressive march
on the MPA ground which is followed by cultural performances
by school children.
Top police officials, including city police
commissioner Kulwant Kumar Sarangal, MPA director Sanjay Barve
were present among others on the occasion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- LIVE: Donald Trump takes charge as 45th President of US; Barack Obama thanks supporters