All is not well in UPA: BJP
New Delhi: Slogan shouting by members of the ruling alliance during the Presidential address was on Thursday criticised by opposition BJP which claimed the disruption has exposed the "fact" that "all is not well within the ruling party".
"The way some of the members of the ruling party and those of alliance obstructed the Presidential address was really unfortunate and as we have been saying from the very beginning that all is not well within the ruling part," senior BJP leader Venkaiah Naidu said, adding there was "unrest" among the UPA allies due to government`s "policy paralysis".
He said the issues raised by DMK about the Sri Lankan imbroglio and by some Congress members on Telengana statehood demand should have been sorted out by the ruling party before the Budget Session.
"The government is suffering with policy paralysis and that is why the unrest among the alliance partners also. The Congress has miserably failed to keep their alliance together. By their conduct, the ruling party members have sent a wrong message to the country. The Congress party owes an explanation to the country," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- US floods: 24 dead in West Virginia; search and rescue continues
- Pampore terror attack: PM Narendra Modi pained by demise of CRPF jawans, salutes their courage
- PM Narendra Modi to share his thoughts in 21st edition of 'Mann Ki Baat' today
- IIFA Awards 2016: Here is the list of winners
- Political novice Gudni Johannesson elected Iceland president amid football fever