All is not well in UPA: BJP
New Delhi: Slogan shouting by members of the ruling alliance during the Presidential address was on Thursday criticised by opposition BJP which claimed the disruption has exposed the "fact" that "all is not well within the ruling party".
"The way some of the members of the ruling party and those of alliance obstructed the Presidential address was really unfortunate and as we have been saying from the very beginning that all is not well within the ruling part," senior BJP leader Venkaiah Naidu said, adding there was "unrest" among the UPA allies due to government`s "policy paralysis".
He said the issues raised by DMK about the Sri Lankan imbroglio and by some Congress members on Telengana statehood demand should have been sorted out by the ruling party before the Budget Session.
"The government is suffering with policy paralysis and that is why the unrest among the alliance partners also. The Congress has miserably failed to keep their alliance together. By their conduct, the ruling party members have sent a wrong message to the country. The Congress party owes an explanation to the country," he said.
- Will Sonia Gandhi answer RSS's claim of igniting riots in the country?
- DNA: Only 4% of Indian polpulation pays income tax
- Police arrest person accused of abducting woman in Bengaluru
- Scientists find three Earth-sized planets orbiting dwarf star
- Kerala: Dalit law student brutally raped, murdered in Ernakulam