All my successors in Rail ministry getting `derailed`: Lalu
Patna: With UPA-II having six ministers in the Railways during the present tenure, RJD president Lalu Prasad today took a jibe saying since he left Railways his successors were getting "derailed".
"After I left Rail ministry, none of my successors have been able to stay there...Everybody is getting derailed in the ministry," Prasad, who served as a rail minister in UPA-I, told reporters.
Prasad was commenting on resignation of Pawan Kumar Bansal as Railway minister in the wake of bribery case involving his nephew.
Prasad`s stint as Rail minister when he did not allow increase in passenger or freight fares was hailed by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on several occasions.
On BJP demanding resignation of the PM in coalgate scam, the RJD leader, extending outside support to UPA-II, dismissed the demand and advised the party to care for its own house instead of levelling charges on others.
"BJP does not have any positive agenda that is why it fell flat in the Karnataka elections," he said.
In reply to a question whether Nitish Kumar`s "Bihar model" or his rival Narendra Modi`s "Gujarat model" was better, the RJD chief said "Gujarat has been a developed state and Narendra Modi has not contribution in making it prosperous".
"He (Modi) instead got Bohra community Muslims killed," he alleged.
The RJD president made a scathing attack on his rival Nitish Kumar and said NDA government was gripped with corruption and unruliness.
Prasad said the May 15 rally of his party in Patna would begin countdown for farewell of Nitish Kumar government in Bihar and would also dash "RSS dream to come to power in Delhi riding on shoulders of NDA."
"The May 15 `Parivartan rally` will decide future course of action of RJD," he said.
The RJD chief criticised the Bihar CM for spreading "misinformation" about his rally that it was aimed at launching his sons in politics.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble