All my successors in Rail ministry getting `derailed`: Lalu
Patna: With UPA-II having six ministers in the Railways during the present tenure, RJD president Lalu Prasad today took a jibe saying since he left Railways his successors were getting "derailed".
"After I left Rail ministry, none of my successors have been able to stay there...Everybody is getting derailed in the ministry," Prasad, who served as a rail minister in UPA-I, told reporters.
Prasad was commenting on resignation of Pawan Kumar Bansal as Railway minister in the wake of bribery case involving his nephew.
Prasad`s stint as Rail minister when he did not allow increase in passenger or freight fares was hailed by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on several occasions.
On BJP demanding resignation of the PM in coalgate scam, the RJD leader, extending outside support to UPA-II, dismissed the demand and advised the party to care for its own house instead of levelling charges on others.
"BJP does not have any positive agenda that is why it fell flat in the Karnataka elections," he said.
In reply to a question whether Nitish Kumar`s "Bihar model" or his rival Narendra Modi`s "Gujarat model" was better, the RJD chief said "Gujarat has been a developed state and Narendra Modi has not contribution in making it prosperous".
"He (Modi) instead got Bohra community Muslims killed," he alleged.
The RJD president made a scathing attack on his rival Nitish Kumar and said NDA government was gripped with corruption and unruliness.
Prasad said the May 15 rally of his party in Patna would begin countdown for farewell of Nitish Kumar government in Bihar and would also dash "RSS dream to come to power in Delhi riding on shoulders of NDA."
"The May 15 `Parivartan rally` will decide future course of action of RJD," he said.
The RJD chief criticised the Bihar CM for spreading "misinformation" about his rally that it was aimed at launching his sons in politics.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- Gujjars revive agitation for 5% quota in jobs, block rail track
- Manthan: Expert's tips to avoid stomach gas, constipation
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM
- Rajasthan Board RBSE 12th Inter Results 2015: BSER Ajmer (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in) Senior Secondary Class 12th Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today at 2 PM
- RBSE 12th Results 2015 (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in): Rajasthan Board BSER Ajmer Senior Secondary Class 12th XII Intermediate Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today on May 22
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced