All options open: Cong on possible alliance with TRS
New Delhi: With separate Telangana set to become a reality, Congress is angling for an understanding with Telangana Rashtra Samiti to maximise its gains in the region to offset losses in Seemandhra.
"All options are open to Congress. All options will be examined. Final decision will be intimated when such a decision is taken," party spokesman Abhishek Singhvi told reporters when asked about the possibility of an understanding or a merger between K Chandrasekhar Rao`s TRS and Congress.
Pressed further, he said, "All reasonable options within the philosophy of Congress are open" with like-minded parties.
"All options which will strengthen political movement of Congress are open," he said.
A section of the party, however, feels that Rao has a trust deficit notwithstanding his statement that he would merge his party with Congress if separate Telangana is formed.
Singhvi, though refused to hazard a guess on whether the party will have a new chief minister after the resignation of N Kiran Kumar Reddy in Andhra Pradesh or prefer a spell of President`s rule there for the time being, a party leader speaking on the condition of anonymity said it will be "90 per cent a spell of President`s rule".
"These are not decisions taken at a press conference.
These are the exclusive prerogative of President acting through the Council of Ministers. Every constitutional step will be followed. Governance and administration can never be allowed to suffer in vacuum," Singhvi said.
Reddy today resigned from his post as well as Congress protesting the manner in which the state was being divided "by throwing all norms to the wind" and lashed out at political parties for dividing the state in quest of "votes".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez