All options open: Cong on possible alliance with TRS
New Delhi: With separate Telangana set to become a reality, Congress is angling for an understanding with Telangana Rashtra Samiti to maximise its gains in the region to offset losses in Seemandhra.
"All options are open to Congress. All options will be examined. Final decision will be intimated when such a decision is taken," party spokesman Abhishek Singhvi told reporters when asked about the possibility of an understanding or a merger between K Chandrasekhar Rao`s TRS and Congress.
Pressed further, he said, "All reasonable options within the philosophy of Congress are open" with like-minded parties.
"All options which will strengthen political movement of Congress are open," he said.
A section of the party, however, feels that Rao has a trust deficit notwithstanding his statement that he would merge his party with Congress if separate Telangana is formed.
Singhvi, though refused to hazard a guess on whether the party will have a new chief minister after the resignation of N Kiran Kumar Reddy in Andhra Pradesh or prefer a spell of President`s rule there for the time being, a party leader speaking on the condition of anonymity said it will be "90 per cent a spell of President`s rule".
"These are not decisions taken at a press conference.
These are the exclusive prerogative of President acting through the Council of Ministers. Every constitutional step will be followed. Governance and administration can never be allowed to suffer in vacuum," Singhvi said.
Reddy today resigned from his post as well as Congress protesting the manner in which the state was being divided "by throwing all norms to the wind" and lashed out at political parties for dividing the state in quest of "votes".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note