All options open: Cong on possible alliance with TRS
New Delhi: With separate Telangana set to become a reality, Congress is angling for an understanding with Telangana Rashtra Samiti to maximise its gains in the region to offset losses in Seemandhra.
"All options are open to Congress. All options will be examined. Final decision will be intimated when such a decision is taken," party spokesman Abhishek Singhvi told reporters when asked about the possibility of an understanding or a merger between K Chandrasekhar Rao`s TRS and Congress.
Pressed further, he said, "All reasonable options within the philosophy of Congress are open" with like-minded parties.
"All options which will strengthen political movement of Congress are open," he said.
A section of the party, however, feels that Rao has a trust deficit notwithstanding his statement that he would merge his party with Congress if separate Telangana is formed.
Singhvi, though refused to hazard a guess on whether the party will have a new chief minister after the resignation of N Kiran Kumar Reddy in Andhra Pradesh or prefer a spell of President`s rule there for the time being, a party leader speaking on the condition of anonymity said it will be "90 per cent a spell of President`s rule".
"These are not decisions taken at a press conference.
These are the exclusive prerogative of President acting through the Council of Ministers. Every constitutional step will be followed. Governance and administration can never be allowed to suffer in vacuum," Singhvi said.
Reddy today resigned from his post as well as Congress protesting the manner in which the state was being divided "by throwing all norms to the wind" and lashed out at political parties for dividing the state in quest of "votes".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery