All options open on ordinances on food security, land acquisition: Govt
New Delhi: Amid talk that Ordinances could be brought on the Food Security and the Land Acquisition Bills, government on Monday said all options are open on the issue.
Asked if the government is mulling over bringing Ordinances on the two crucial issues, Union Minister Manish Tewari said "all options are open for the government."
Government had made an attempt to get the Food Security Bill passed in recent budget session of Parliament when it introduced the proposed legislation in the Rajya Sabha. However, the exercise remained incomplete as the Opposition created an uproar demanding the Prime Minister`s resignation on the coal blocks allocation issue.
The House was adjourned as the Opposition disrupted the proceedings.
"We tried our best to pass it during the budget session but could not do so due to the attitude of the Opposition," Tewari said.
Government had earlier reached an agreement with the Opposition on the Land Acquisition Bill and BJP had said it would support the legislation with some amendments.
However, both these Bills could not be passed due to repeated adjournments of Parliament.
There are indications that an Ordinance may take some weeks before it sees the light of the day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown