`All parties should find alternative to Congress`
Chicago: All political parties which are
against corruption in India should form a national alternative to the Congress, Janta Party Leader Subramanian Swamy has said.
"I think the India Against Corruption campaign will be
successful. We must win the war against corruption otherwise the nation is doomed and foreigners will come back to India again," Swamy said while addressing a gathering on corruption in India at University of Illinois in Chicago yesterday.
Swamy, who is a visiting professor at Harvard
University and a former cabinet minister, said he would
discuss with yoga guru Baba Ramdev the future strategy of
`India Against Corruption` plan in Haridwar.
"Swami Ramdev has asked me to be present in the
Chintan Bhaithak in Haridwar on August 12-13," Swamy said.
The Janata Party leader said, "I told Ramdev Ji we
should also discuss the national alternative to the Congress,"
He said that all parties which are not connected to Congress should be invited to form a new party.
"Ramdev Ji told me that he has been talking to all
parties except Congress. So I think we are witnessing the
beginning of the formation of a national alternative for the
next elections because everything is in our favour," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Monsoon's after-effects troubling everyday lives in cities
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak
- Varun-Shraddha's `ABCD2` holds a firm grip at Box Office!
- School director beaten to death after two students found dead in Bihar