`All parties should find alternative to Congress`
Chicago: All political parties which are
against corruption in India should form a national alternative to the Congress, Janta Party Leader Subramanian Swamy has said.
"I think the India Against Corruption campaign will be
successful. We must win the war against corruption otherwise the nation is doomed and foreigners will come back to India again," Swamy said while addressing a gathering on corruption in India at University of Illinois in Chicago yesterday.
Swamy, who is a visiting professor at Harvard
University and a former cabinet minister, said he would
discuss with yoga guru Baba Ramdev the future strategy of
`India Against Corruption` plan in Haridwar.
"Swami Ramdev has asked me to be present in the
Chintan Bhaithak in Haridwar on August 12-13," Swamy said.
The Janata Party leader said, "I told Ramdev Ji we
should also discuss the national alternative to the Congress,"
He said that all parties which are not connected to Congress should be invited to form a new party.
"Ramdev Ji told me that he has been talking to all
parties except Congress. So I think we are witnessing the
beginning of the formation of a national alternative for the
next elections because everything is in our favour," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part II
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future?
- Facebook hires top ex-Google executive for internet projects
- Want a better life? Practice these 5 habits – Watch video
- Toyota launches new engine facility in Bengaluru
- Rio-bound boxer Manoj Kumar reaches out to PM Narendra Modi – Here's why
- Subramanian Swamy denies targeting Arun Jaitley, says he looks very smart in a coat