All parties together in corruption: Kejriwal
Ghaziabad: The tabling of CAG reports on coal block allocation, power and Delhi airport on Friday prompted erstwhile Team Anna to target the political class once again as it accused all the parties of being together in corruption and benefitting from the "loot" of natural resources.
"We have just one question. Prime Minister, please tell us, where should we go to register an FIR on the basis of these reports. All the agencies are under the Prime Minister`s control and that is why we demand Lokpal.
"We say all parties are involved in this (corruption) and no one wants to pass the Lokpal Bill. All parties are involved in this loot of natural resources. The states have benefitted the private companies in their respective states," activist Arvind Kejriwal told reporters here.
He said this was the reason why they demanded an independent constitution of an SIT to probe allegations of corruption against 15 ministers during our fast.
Alleging that none of the opposition parties wants Lokpal as they were involved in corruption, Kejriwal alleged, "even CPI(M) in West Bengal was a silent spectator to this corruption. They also did not oppose the decision to allot coal blocks to private parties (when they were in power)."
"If Jan Lokpal was there then on the basis of this report, we would have complained and in six months, the probe would have been completed. In one year, the case would have been completed and the accused would have been sent to jail in 18 months," he said.
He said an FIR should be registered under Prevention of Corruption Act.
Lawyer Prashant Bhushan claimed that the CAG report on Delhi airport showed that how public-private-partnership becomes an euphemism for using public resources and assets for private profits.
"This shows the unprecedented scale of loot and corruption that is going on in this country. The question is who will stop it, whether the investigation will be allowed?" he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM