All-party meet ahead of Winter Session likely today
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Parliamentary Affairs Minister Kamal Nath on Monday called for an all-party meet at 7 pm ahead of the upcoming Winter Session of Parliament, a report said.
The Winter Session will begin on December 05 and end on December 20.
The Winter Session will reportedly have 12 sittings in which government is likely to introduce a bill to create a separate Telangana state.
The all-party meeting assumes significance in the wake of Congress and its allies likely to raise the snooping incident revolving around Gujarat Chief Minister and BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi.
The Opposition is likely to raise the coalgate issue even as anti-Telangana MPs from various parties will oppose the Andhra Pradesh bifurcation bill.
This will be the second last session of the 15th Lok Sabha as General Elections are due in 2014.
This time, the Winter Session is a curtailed affair due to the ongoing Assembly polls in five states.
(With PTI inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal