All trade unions supporting strike on Feb 28: Raja
Morigaon: CPI national secretary D Raja on Friday said that all trade unions, irrespective of their political affiliations, have supported the nationwide general
strike call on February 28.
Addressing the open session of the three-day Assam state conference here, Raja said that the strike has been called to protest against the "liberalised economic policies" of the UPA government led by Dr Manmohan Singh.
The strike was being organised by all trade unions cutting across political affiliations with support of the Communist Party, he said adding that the country`s economy was in doldrums with the "have-nots finding it extremely difficult
Referring to the Armed Forces Special Powers Act in force in the North-East and Jammu and Kashmir, the CPI leader demanded the repeal of the Act and extended his party`s full support to Irom Sharmila of Manipur who has been fasting against the Act for more than a decade.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials