All trade unions supporting strike on Feb 28: Raja
Morigaon: CPI national secretary D Raja on Friday said that all trade unions, irrespective of their political affiliations, have supported the nationwide general
strike call on February 28.
Addressing the open session of the three-day Assam state conference here, Raja said that the strike has been called to protest against the "liberalised economic policies" of the UPA government led by Dr Manmohan Singh.
The strike was being organised by all trade unions cutting across political affiliations with support of the Communist Party, he said adding that the country`s economy was in doldrums with the "have-nots finding it extremely difficult
Referring to the Armed Forces Special Powers Act in force in the North-East and Jammu and Kashmir, the CPI leader demanded the repeal of the Act and extended his party`s full support to Irom Sharmila of Manipur who has been fasting against the Act for more than a decade.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad