All trade unions supporting strike on Feb 28: Raja
Morigaon: CPI national secretary D Raja on Friday said that all trade unions, irrespective of their political affiliations, have supported the nationwide general
strike call on February 28.
Addressing the open session of the three-day Assam state conference here, Raja said that the strike has been called to protest against the "liberalised economic policies" of the UPA government led by Dr Manmohan Singh.
The strike was being organised by all trade unions cutting across political affiliations with support of the Communist Party, he said adding that the country`s economy was in doldrums with the "have-nots finding it extremely difficult
Referring to the Armed Forces Special Powers Act in force in the North-East and Jammu and Kashmir, the CPI leader demanded the repeal of the Act and extended his party`s full support to Irom Sharmila of Manipur who has been fasting against the Act for more than a decade.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'