Allahabad HC rejects Nupur Talwar’s bail plea
Allahabad: The Allahabad High Court on Thursday rejected the bail plea of Nupur Talwar, who along with her husband Rajesh Talwar, is facing trial for the murder of her daughter Aarushi Talwar and domestic help Hemraj.
She is currently lodged in Dasna Jail in Ghaziabad. Nupur had earlier approached the Supreme Court seeking bail but her plea was rejected.
Last week, the trial court had framed charges against the Talwar couple in the Aarushi-Hemraj double murder case.
The Ghaziabad trial court charged the dentist couple with the murder of their daughter Aarushi and domestic help Hemraj and destruction of evidence.
Special CBI Judge S Lal ordered that Nupur and Rajesh be charged with the crime under Indian Penal Code (IPC) sections 302/34 (murder with common intention) and 201/34 (destruction of evidence with common intention).
Rajesh Talwar was also charged under IPC sections 203/34 (misleading police about the crime with common intention).
The CBI had claimed the Talwars` maid, the guard and driver corroborate their `last scene theory` according to which there were four people living in the house and there was no sign of a fifth person`s entry at the time of the murders.
The CBI had also claimed that Aarushi and Hemraj`s injuries were identical. "The golf stick recovered from the house matches the injury. The Talwars refused to identify Hemraj`s body and gave false information regarding the crime scene," the CBI counsel said.
The Talwars` counsel had, however, claimed there was no direct evidence to prove the charges that the CBI claimed against the Talwars.
The CBI had also told the court in Ghaziabad that Rajesh and Nupur killed Aarushi and Hemraj in a fit of rage after finding them in a compromising position, a claim strongly refuted by the dentist couple.
Talwars had contested CBI`s claim, saying sex is no big deal in elite society and does not entail murders.
Aarushi was found dead with her throat slit at her Noida residence in Jalvayu Vihar on May 16, 2008 and the body of Hemraj was recovered from the terrace a day later.
With PTI Input
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon