Allahabad HC seeks Centre`s response on Robert Vadra probe petition
Lucknow: Centre was on Thursday asked by the Allahabad High Court to respond within three weeks on a petition seeking a probe into allegations levelled by Arvind Kejriwal against Robert Vadra.
The Lucknow Bench of the Allahabad HC granted the Centre three weeks time to file its preliminary objection regarding maintainability of a writ petition filed by social activist Nutan Thakur.
The petitioner had sought court`s direction to the Prime Minister`s Office to consider conducting an inquiry into allegations of financial impropriety against Vadra made by Kejriwal and Supreme Court lawyer Prashat Bhushan.
Additional Solicitor General Ashok Nigam strongly opposed the petition saying it was based on hearsay and was not maintainable.
The petition was filed on October 9.
The division bench comprising Justice Uma Nath Singh and Justice Virendra Kumar Dixit fixed November 21 as the next date of hearing.
Kejriwal and Bhushan had alleged that Vadra, son-in-law of Congress President Sonia Gandhi had been hugely favoured by realty major DLF, a charge denied by both.
They alleged that Vadra had bought property worth crores of rupees between 2007 and 2010 with an "unsecured interest free loan" of Rs 65 crore given by DLF, which refuted the claim.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!