`Allegations against Joshi should be looked into`
New Delhi: Congress on Saturday said allegations
made by NRI businessman Anshuman Mishra against PAC Chairman Murli Manohar Joshi on the 2G issue needed to be looked into "by a Parliamentary set-up or outside".
"The allegations are in public domain. ....Whether to be
looked into by Parliamentary set-up or outside, they certainly
deserve to be looked into," party spokesman Abhishek Singhvi told reporters.
Mishra, who withdrew from the Rajya Sabha race from
Jharkhand at the last moment, has claimed to have introduced Joshi to senior executives of companies accused in the 2G scam when the panel was probing the spectrum case, a charge rubbished by the BJP veteran.
Mishra, who was supported by a section of the BJP as a
Rajya Sabha nominee, dropped out following a directive from
the BJP central leadership to its MLAs not to vote for him.
Congress MP Sanjay Nirupam, who is also a member of the
PAC, has said Joshi will have to explain the allegations
"threadbare" as it is not an attack on an individual but on
the chairperson of an important Parliamentary committee which went into the 2G case.
The NRI businessman alleged that Joshi had held secret
meetings with 2G beneficiaries in his presence as Public
Accounts Committee (PAC) Chairman.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- MCA lifts ban on Shah Rukh Khan from visting Wankhede staduim
- Asaram Bapu shown as 'saint' in Rajasthan school book
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown