`Allegations against Joshi should be looked into`
New Delhi: Congress on Saturday said allegations
made by NRI businessman Anshuman Mishra against PAC Chairman Murli Manohar Joshi on the 2G issue needed to be looked into "by a Parliamentary set-up or outside".
"The allegations are in public domain. ....Whether to be
looked into by Parliamentary set-up or outside, they certainly
deserve to be looked into," party spokesman Abhishek Singhvi told reporters.
Mishra, who withdrew from the Rajya Sabha race from
Jharkhand at the last moment, has claimed to have introduced Joshi to senior executives of companies accused in the 2G scam when the panel was probing the spectrum case, a charge rubbished by the BJP veteran.
Mishra, who was supported by a section of the BJP as a
Rajya Sabha nominee, dropped out following a directive from
the BJP central leadership to its MLAs not to vote for him.
Congress MP Sanjay Nirupam, who is also a member of the
PAC, has said Joshi will have to explain the allegations
"threadbare" as it is not an attack on an individual but on
the chairperson of an important Parliamentary committee which went into the 2G case.
The NRI businessman alleged that Joshi had held secret
meetings with 2G beneficiaries in his presence as Public
Accounts Committee (PAC) Chairman.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what