`Allegations against Joshi should be looked into`
New Delhi: Congress on Saturday said allegations
made by NRI businessman Anshuman Mishra against PAC Chairman Murli Manohar Joshi on the 2G issue needed to be looked into "by a Parliamentary set-up or outside".
"The allegations are in public domain. ....Whether to be
looked into by Parliamentary set-up or outside, they certainly
deserve to be looked into," party spokesman Abhishek Singhvi told reporters.
Mishra, who withdrew from the Rajya Sabha race from
Jharkhand at the last moment, has claimed to have introduced Joshi to senior executives of companies accused in the 2G scam when the panel was probing the spectrum case, a charge rubbished by the BJP veteran.
Mishra, who was supported by a section of the BJP as a
Rajya Sabha nominee, dropped out following a directive from
the BJP central leadership to its MLAs not to vote for him.
Congress MP Sanjay Nirupam, who is also a member of the
PAC, has said Joshi will have to explain the allegations
"threadbare" as it is not an attack on an individual but on
the chairperson of an important Parliamentary committee which went into the 2G case.
The NRI businessman alleged that Joshi had held secret
meetings with 2G beneficiaries in his presence as Public
Accounts Committee (PAC) Chairman.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Is there life after death?
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results declared