`Allegations against Khurshid will be looked into`
New Delhi: The Centre is not conducting an inquiry and will wait for a response of Uttar Pradesh government relating to allegations of irregularities against an NGO owned by Law Minister Salman Khurshid and his wife Louise, Social Justice and Empowerment Minister Mukul Wasnik said on Saturday.
"We are not conducting an inquiry. We had sent a letter to the organisation asking for their clarifications," he told a news channel.
"They have replied us back, saying that they have taken up the matter with the state government, requesting the state government to conduct an inquiry and to arrive at a finality of this entire thing. Now we will wait for the advice of the state government," Wasnik said.
Following a sting operation by a news channel over the functioning of Zakir Hussain Memorial Trust, it was alleged that the NGO was involved in cases of financial misappropriation and forgery, a charge denied by Khurshid and his wife.
Taking on from this, Arvind Kejriwal demanded that Khurshid be asked to resign from the Union Cabinet and be arrested along with his wife.
Denying the allegations against her Trust, Louise said that she and husband are ready for any probe in the matter and attacked Kejriwal for targeting the NGO.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location