Allegations against Tejpal deserve same treatment as Asaram case: Sharad Yadav
New Delhi: JD(U) President Sharad Yadav on Friday said he was in favour of the matter of the allegations of sexual assault against Tehelka editor Tarun Tejpal to be dealt with in the same manner as the case against self-styled godman Asaram Bapu.
"Whatever law was applied for Asaram should be applied to him (Tejpal). How difficult a matter is this?" Yadav said when asked about his opinion on the issue.
Tejpal`s stance that he would recuse himself from office for six months was an attempt to fool the people, Yadav added.
"Suppose a powerful man in a village murders a poor man. The other poor don`t file a complaint, so will the government do nothing... Why do we have a government, why do we have the courts," he asked.
Tejpal has been accused by a junior at Tehelka of having sexually assaulted her during an event in Goa.
Meanwhile, talking about the Aam Aadmi Party, caught in a row over a sting operation, Yadav said that the party was no more than a media creation.
"You have created these jinns," Yadav said in his reference to AAP when asked to comment on the sting operation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam - Part II
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam -Part III
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam - Part IV
- DNA : Why BJP is linking Rahul Gandhi to AgustaWestland scam
- India rejects USCIRF report on intolerance, says Constitution guarantees right to freedom of religion
- Gold price rises further to Rs 30,250 per 10 grams
- India's tour of Zimbabwe: Men in Blue to play three ODIs, three T20Is in June
- NEET 2016: SC asks MCI to respond to state governments' plea to hold separate exams this year
- Uber users can soon pay for rides abroad using Paytm wallet