Allegations made by Kejriwal a daily phenomena: Sibal
Kochi: Trashing the charges levelled by Arvind Kejriwal against Robert Vadra over his business dealings with realty major DLF, Human Resources Development Minister Kapil Sibal on Monday said that levelling allegations has become a "daily phenomena".
"Allegations are happening 24x7. It is a daily phenomena just like 24x7 television news channels", he told reporters on the sidelines of a function here when asked about the charges against Congress President Sonia Gandhi`s son-in-law.
Kejriwal had alleged that DLF gave unsecured interest free loan of Rs 65 crore to Vadra. The realty major as well as Vadra have denied the allegations.
On batting maestro and Rajya Sabha MP Sachin Tendulkar`s plea to integrate sports in education and make it compulsory, Sibal said he had written to him to make a presentation.
"This morning, I received a phone call from him. Let me look at the presentation. The ministry does not decide on the curriculum, it`s either NCERT or CBSE. After we receive the presentation, we will send it to NCERT and CBSE and see how to take it forward".
On Kerala government`s reluctance to agree to a common engineering entrance examination, he said that many states, including Uttar Pradesh, Haryana, Maharashtra have agreed for a common entrance examination.
Asked about reports of a large number of candidates from Kerala failing at the National Eligibility test of UGC, he said the matter had not come to his notice.
Following the new qualifying criteria by UGC, several candidates from Kerala had been deprived of the opportunity for lectureship in universities and colleges.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!