Allegations made by Kejriwal a daily phenomena: Sibal
Kochi: Trashing the charges levelled by Arvind Kejriwal against Robert Vadra over his business dealings with realty major DLF, Human Resources Development Minister Kapil Sibal on Monday said that levelling allegations has become a "daily phenomena".
"Allegations are happening 24x7. It is a daily phenomena just like 24x7 television news channels", he told reporters on the sidelines of a function here when asked about the charges against Congress President Sonia Gandhi`s son-in-law.
Kejriwal had alleged that DLF gave unsecured interest free loan of Rs 65 crore to Vadra. The realty major as well as Vadra have denied the allegations.
On batting maestro and Rajya Sabha MP Sachin Tendulkar`s plea to integrate sports in education and make it compulsory, Sibal said he had written to him to make a presentation.
"This morning, I received a phone call from him. Let me look at the presentation. The ministry does not decide on the curriculum, it`s either NCERT or CBSE. After we receive the presentation, we will send it to NCERT and CBSE and see how to take it forward".
On Kerala government`s reluctance to agree to a common engineering entrance examination, he said that many states, including Uttar Pradesh, Haryana, Maharashtra have agreed for a common entrance examination.
Asked about reports of a large number of candidates from Kerala failing at the National Eligibility test of UGC, he said the matter had not come to his notice.
Following the new qualifying criteria by UGC, several candidates from Kerala had been deprived of the opportunity for lectureship in universities and colleges.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days