`Allegations of not maintaining decency in prez campaign absurd`
Patna: BJP-backed candidate PA Sangma on Saturday termed the Congress allegation against him that he was not observing `decency and decorum` in the presidential elections, as `absurd`.
"It is just absurd," Sangma, who has stated earlier that Rastrapati Bhavan was being used as a `dumping ground` for a `failed` former union finance minister, told reporters here.
The Congress has held that he was not observing `decency and decorum` in the presidential elections.
About his allegation on offices of profit against UPA candidate Pranab Mukherjee, Sangma said he would go to court after the presidential elections.
"Ram Jethmalani and Subramanian Swami will be members of the legal team with whom I will consult after elections," he said.
When his his attention was drawn to the stand of NDA partner, JD(U), on his candidature, Sangma said he was not disappointed by the development.
"Nitish Kumar is my good friend and people have their own political ideology. I had expected that Nitish Kumar would be supporting my candidature."
To another question, the former Lok Sabha speaker hoped that he would receive support from West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee.
Sangma alleged that there was rampant corruption and spiralling price rise in the country under UPA regime headed by Manmohan Singh.
"There is a bad climate for investment and deterioration in industrial production," he claimed and said people were disappointed with the performance of the present government and wanted change.
"By deciding to contest the election this time I have launched a second movement of JP as the country is passing through the situation before 1977," he said.
Sangma said "there will be miracle in this election and I have confidence in my victory as people will vote for me for a change in the present situation in the country.
"I am a tribal and I am a candidate of the entire nation," he said.
Stating that he was extremely happy to be in Bihar,the land of the first president Rajendra Prasad, he said he had come to seek support from other another NDA constituents and parties.
Earlier he held a meeting with BJP parliamentarians and legislators, with senior party leaders Vijay Kumar Goel, Syed Shahnawaz Hussain, Ravi Shankar Prasad, Nand Kishore Yadav, C P Thakur, Prem kumar and Kiran Ghai being also present.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you