Alliance with Congress in Maharashtra to continue: NCP
New Delhi: The NCP Tuesday said it would continue
to support the coalition government in Maharashtra even if
there is a change of guard in the Congress leadership in the
wake of the Adarsh Housing Society scam.
"We have a coalition government in Maharashtra with the
Congress party. A decision has to be taken by them alone. As
far as NCP is concerned, we fully support the Congress-led
government," senior NCP leader and Union Civil Aviation
Minister Praful Patel told reporters here.
He was asked about NCP`s position in the wake of Chief
Minister Ashok Chavan offering to resign in the wake of the
Adarsh Society scam and apparent moves to replace him with
"We have a formula by which we have been working for the
last 10 years in government with the Congress. Therefore, that
arrangement continues," Patel said after felicitating
Commonwealth Games medallists.
He emphasised that NCP has nothing to do with what
Congress decides on its leader.
"As far as I am aware, there is no communication to the
NCP. So why should we assume that there is a change of guard.
That is for the Congress to decide," Patel said.
He refused to comment on the raging scam, saying he would
do so only after a proper enquiry but made it clear that his
party would not support any wrongdoer.
"As far as NCP is concerned, in government nobody
supports any scam. Let there be a proper inquiry. The fact is
there will be a competent authority making a suitable inquiry.
So once the inquiry is complete, we will comment," Patel said.
"As far as any scam, why this scam, (there is) no
question of NCP supporting any scam. The question is what`s
the level of wrong-doings that is committed. Even Mr Pranab
Mukherjee and Mr (AK) Antony are looking into the papers,"
the Union minister said.
"Besides, the enquiry which are going on at various
levels. So let`s wait for enquiry reports. Why should we jump
to conclusion. As far as anything wrong, nobody supports," he
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH