Alliance with NCP not falling apart: Congress
New Delhi: Congress leader Manish Tewari said Tuesday that his party`s alliance with the Nationalist Congress Party was not falling apart and stressed that a tussle about the number of seats to be contested happens during every election.
Tewari told ANI, "Congress and NCP have had a coalition government in Maharashtra since 1999-2014. Ever since then, any election we have fought has always seen a bit of tussle. But it doesn`t mean that the coalition is falling apart."
Congress leader Rashid Alvi also emphasized that the issue of the number of seats to be contested by Congress and the NCP will be solved through discussion.
He told ANI, "This is the internal matter of the party. When elections happen these kinds of issues about seats normally arise, Congress and NCP will solve it through discussion."
The Congress Party`s assurance comes after NCP leader Majid Memon said that that the Congress party must respect the sentiments of NCP and its legitimate demands regarding seats.
Memon also warned that if the Congress doesn`t reduce its rigidity and arrogance it will disintegrate and its future will be a cause of worry.
The NCP is reportedly demanding a lion`s share of 144 out of the 288 seats in the upcoming Assembly Elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown