Alliance with NCP not falling apart: Congress
New Delhi: Congress leader Manish Tewari said Tuesday that his party`s alliance with the Nationalist Congress Party was not falling apart and stressed that a tussle about the number of seats to be contested happens during every election.
Tewari told ANI, "Congress and NCP have had a coalition government in Maharashtra since 1999-2014. Ever since then, any election we have fought has always seen a bit of tussle. But it doesn`t mean that the coalition is falling apart."
Congress leader Rashid Alvi also emphasized that the issue of the number of seats to be contested by Congress and the NCP will be solved through discussion.
He told ANI, "This is the internal matter of the party. When elections happen these kinds of issues about seats normally arise, Congress and NCP will solve it through discussion."
The Congress Party`s assurance comes after NCP leader Majid Memon said that that the Congress party must respect the sentiments of NCP and its legitimate demands regarding seats.
Memon also warned that if the Congress doesn`t reduce its rigidity and arrogance it will disintegrate and its future will be a cause of worry.
The NCP is reportedly demanding a lion`s share of 144 out of the 288 seats in the upcoming Assembly Elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price