Alliance with NCP not falling apart: Congress
New Delhi: Congress leader Manish Tewari said Tuesday that his party`s alliance with the Nationalist Congress Party was not falling apart and stressed that a tussle about the number of seats to be contested happens during every election.
Tewari told ANI, "Congress and NCP have had a coalition government in Maharashtra since 1999-2014. Ever since then, any election we have fought has always seen a bit of tussle. But it doesn`t mean that the coalition is falling apart."
Congress leader Rashid Alvi also emphasized that the issue of the number of seats to be contested by Congress and the NCP will be solved through discussion.
He told ANI, "This is the internal matter of the party. When elections happen these kinds of issues about seats normally arise, Congress and NCP will solve it through discussion."
The Congress Party`s assurance comes after NCP leader Majid Memon said that that the Congress party must respect the sentiments of NCP and its legitimate demands regarding seats.
Memon also warned that if the Congress doesn`t reduce its rigidity and arrogance it will disintegrate and its future will be a cause of worry.
The NCP is reportedly demanding a lion`s share of 144 out of the 288 seats in the upcoming Assembly Elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NT Awards 2016: Zeenews.com bags 'Best News Channel Website' honour
- Son of Kota Central jail prisoner clears IIT entrance exam
- Cabinet approves Act allowing malls, restaurants, theaters to stay open 24×7
- New framework that can predict terrorist attacks developed!
- Actor Irrfan Khan stirs controversy over statement on Ramadan rituals
- At least 18 killed by a roadside bomb in Somalia
- 'Too much' or 'too little' sleep can raise diabetes risk in men
- 7th Pay Commission: No decision yet on increase in allowances; pay hike to be implemented from Jan 2016
- Ephedrine haul case: Accused gets threat not to turn approver
- Yo Yo Honey Singh battled bipolar disease, thanks doctor for treatment!