Allocation of work for new HRD Ministry team
New Delhi: As the new team in the HRD Ministry gets into the business of taking crucial calls on policy issues ahead of the Winter Session, Minister of State Shashi Tharoor has been asked to handle Parliament matters along with adult literacy programmes.
Tharoor will look after authentication of matters to be laid on the table of the House, fulfilling Parliament assurances and will reply to all the unstarred questions.
As per the allocation of work by HRD Minister MM Pallam Raju, Jiten Prasada, the other MoS in the Ministry, would be looking after matters related to minority education, the language bureaus and disposal of VIP references.
Raju, who has had a series of meetings with department heads and educational bodies to familiarise himself with the Ministry, would be overall in-charge of Department of Higher Education and Department of School Education and Literacy.
His approval will be final in all policy matters and important issues.
Prasada, who had underlined uplift of minority education as one his focus areas, would look into matters related to promotion of education among minorities such as infrastructure development, development of minority institutions and scheme for promotion of quality education in madrasas.
The fixation of pay, service conditions, recruitment rules of all officers and staff except group A will be in charge of Tharoor in the ministry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read