Allocation of work for new HRD Ministry team
New Delhi: As the new team in the HRD Ministry gets into the business of taking crucial calls on policy issues ahead of the Winter Session, Minister of State Shashi Tharoor has been asked to handle Parliament matters along with adult literacy programmes.
Tharoor will look after authentication of matters to be laid on the table of the House, fulfilling Parliament assurances and will reply to all the unstarred questions.
As per the allocation of work by HRD Minister MM Pallam Raju, Jiten Prasada, the other MoS in the Ministry, would be looking after matters related to minority education, the language bureaus and disposal of VIP references.
Raju, who has had a series of meetings with department heads and educational bodies to familiarise himself with the Ministry, would be overall in-charge of Department of Higher Education and Department of School Education and Literacy.
His approval will be final in all policy matters and important issues.
Prasada, who had underlined uplift of minority education as one his focus areas, would look into matters related to promotion of education among minorities such as infrastructure development, development of minority institutions and scheme for promotion of quality education in madrasas.
The fixation of pay, service conditions, recruitment rules of all officers and staff except group A will be in charge of Tharoor in the ministry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- DNA: How India became world's largest arms importer
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Shiv Sena leading in 50 seats, BJP in 32; big prestige battle for both parties
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena ahead in Mumbai, Thane; BJP leading in Pune, Nagpur, Solapur, Akola