Allocation of work for new HRD Ministry team
New Delhi: As the new team in the HRD Ministry gets into the business of taking crucial calls on policy issues ahead of the Winter Session, Minister of State Shashi Tharoor has been asked to handle Parliament matters along with adult literacy programmes.
Tharoor will look after authentication of matters to be laid on the table of the House, fulfilling Parliament assurances and will reply to all the unstarred questions.
As per the allocation of work by HRD Minister MM Pallam Raju, Jiten Prasada, the other MoS in the Ministry, would be looking after matters related to minority education, the language bureaus and disposal of VIP references.
Raju, who has had a series of meetings with department heads and educational bodies to familiarise himself with the Ministry, would be overall in-charge of Department of Higher Education and Department of School Education and Literacy.
His approval will be final in all policy matters and important issues.
Prasada, who had underlined uplift of minority education as one his focus areas, would look into matters related to promotion of education among minorities such as infrastructure development, development of minority institutions and scheme for promotion of quality education in madrasas.
The fixation of pay, service conditions, recruitment rules of all officers and staff except group A will be in charge of Tharoor in the ministry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Viral video: Indian girl pranks mother by saying she's lesbian, see what happens next – Must Watch
- President Pranab Mukherjee has been guardian, mentor to me: PM Modi
- Ridiculously funny video: Man shows his dance moves in middle of busy Mumbai street - Watch
- From Sept 1, rail passengers to get Rs 10 lakh insurace cover for premium of just Re 1
- Yahoo-Verizon deal: I plan to stay on with the company, says CEO Marissa Mayer