Almost into a month, Falak`s condition critical
New Delhi: Two-year-old girl child Falak,
who is battling for her life at an Intensive Care Unit of the
AIIMS for nearly a month now, has shown no signs of
Admitted in a battered condition on January 18, doctors
said that she still continues to remain "critical but stable".
"In the past 30 days, we have been trying to do our level
best to get her out of the ICU. Sadly, we have not been able
to achieve it as the infection is not subsiding. It is a cause
of worry as it will have an effect on her health in future if
she survives," neurosurgeon Deepak Agarwal, who has been
treating her, said.
For the first time, Munni, a 22-year-old woman who
claimed to be her mother, yesterday visited the child at the
All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS).
Doctors had conducted a fourth life saving surgery on
Falak on Tuesday as an alternative attempt to contain the
Falak was brought to the hospital on January 18 with
severe head injury, both her arms broken, bite marks all over
her body and her cheeks branded with hot iron.
"With the damage she has suffered in the brain, if she
survives, there are high chances that she will be mentally
retarded or have a low conscious level. At present, we are
trying to do our level best to get her out of the ICU,"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video