Almost no relationship with BJP: Arun Shourie
New Delhi: BJP leader and former union
minister Arun Shourie on Thursday said he had almost no relationship
with his party and since the illness of senior leader Atal
Bihari Vajpayee he had withdrawn himself from party activity.
"(There is) almost no relationship. I have good
individual friends among them but as a party they are doing
their own thing. I am not paying much attention to them,"
Shourie said in an interview to CNN-IBN.
He was replying to a question on his present relations
with the BJP.
Shourie has penned a book, "Does he know a mother`s
heart: How suffering refutes religion" on his disabled son and
When contacted by PTI, Shourie refused to speak on the
BJP, saying his book is on religion and it is "foolish" to
co-relate it with his role in the party.
Asked by the news channel if he had distanced himself
from the BJP and the reasons behind doing so, he said it is
not because the party was moving away from Hinduism but due to
Vajpayee who is no longer active in the party due to
"He (Vajpayee) is not active in politics. As long as
he was there I felt he was a person one should work for,"
He insisted that while BJP was doing its own work, he
was busy writing books.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ‘Kaabil’ Hrithik Roshan’s first look out – Here it is
- Champions League: Real Madrid edge past Manchester City to set up all-Madrid final
- AgustaWestland chopper deal: ED to quiz former IAF chief SP Tyagi today
- Sushant Singh Rajput reveals why his ‘Pavitra Rishta’ with Ankita Lokhande ended
- IPL 2016: Shah Rukh Khan thinks his son AbRam could be a mystery fielder – Find out why