Alok Joshi appointed next RAW head
New Delhi: Senior IPS officer Alok Joshi has been appointed as Secretary, Research and Analysis Wing.
Joshi, a 1976 batch officer of Haryana Cadre, is presently Special Secretary in RAW under the Cabinet Secretariat.
The Appointments Committee of Cabinet has approved Joshi`s appointment for a period of two years or until further orders, whichever is earlier, in place of present incumbent S K Tripathi, on completion of his tenure on December 29, 2012, a press release said.
Joshi has served in Intelligence Bureau and Haryana Police with key operations in Nepal and Pakistan to his credit.
Meanwhile, Yashovardhan Azad, IPS, MP cadre, 1976 batch, presently Special Director, Intelligence Bureau, has been appointed as Secretary (Security), Cabinet Secretariat.
Azad will look after the administration of Special Protection Group (SPG), responsible for closely monitoring the security arrangements of the Prime Minister, former Prime Ministers and members of their immediate families in India and abroad.
The post was lying vacant following superannuation of A B Mathur, IPS.
The ACC has also approved the appointment of T Y Das, IAS Assam cadre, 1982 batch, presently Joint Secretary, Ministry of DONER, as Secretary, Central Information Commission, in the rank and pay of Additional Secretary.
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- 2,508 cities selected under PM's scheme for affordable housing
- NEET 2016: From schedule to state governments' position to results announcement - All you need to know
- Twitter launches 'Connect' to help you find friends
- Hotness alert! Latest pic of Shah Rukh Khan's son Aryan will leave you drooling
- Can you believe this? Bullet train fare 1.5 times higher than AC 1st Class