Am sure Vaidik tried to change Hafiz Saeed`s heart: Baba Ramdev
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Defending his close aide`s meeting with 26/11 terror mastermind Hafiz Saeed, Baba Ramdev said on Sunday that Ved Pratap Vaidik was a journalist and he could meet anyone.
He also said that perhaps Vaidik tried to change Saeed`s heart.
Ramdev was quoted by ANI as saying - “I am sure VP Vaidik tried to change Hafiz Saeed`s heart. Vaidik is a journalist and he can meet anyone.”
Meanwhile, Vaidik said that he himself had posted the picture with Saeed, which had gone viral on social media. He also said that he had met other leaders like Nawaz during his visit to Pakistan.
He clarified that he had met Saeed as a journalist, adding, “I contradicted all his statements, discussion was tensed initially, then his views were changed.”
He further said, "Hafiz Saeed asked me about Narendra Modi. He said Modi is dangerous and now he has become the Prime Minister of India. He said that Modi is dangerous for the whole of South Asia. I said that his thinking is not right. There is no need to fear Modi,” adding, “Everybody knows that only by dialogue we can sort out our issues. Violence and terror is not a solution.”
Vaidik courted a controversy after his picture with Hafiz Saeed was released.
He said that he had met Saeed on July 2 in Lahore and had an hour long chat with him.
With ANI inputs
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani