Amar Singh destroyed SP: Ramgopal Yadav
New Delhi: Samajwadi Party leader and brother of Mulayam Singh Yadav, Ramgopal Yadav on Saturday accused Amar Singh of destroying the party and asserted that his resignation should be accepted.
Talking exclusively to Zee News, Ramgopal said, “Samajwadi Party is in no mood to deny accepting Amar Singh’s resignation after his irresponsible comments and blogs.”
Accusing Singh of thinking too much about himself, he said, “Amar Singh considered himself higher in stature than Mulayam Singh Yadav. When Amar had joined the party, Mulayam was already a two-time Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh and even I was a Member of Parliament.”
He added that Amar Singh was a small time political activist and nobody knew him before he joined Samajwadi Party.
Seemingly upset over Amar Singh’s latest blog in which he said that his own family is more important than Mulayam Singh’s family, Ramgopal said, “It is not right to do blog politics as this way he is giving opposition an issue to talk about.”
It should be noted that after Mulayam’s daughter-in-law Dimple Yadav lost in the Firozabad by-election, a section in the Samajwadi, resentful of Singh’s enormous clout, spread the word that if he had not been around, she might have won.
After that a war of words began between Ramgopal Yadav and Amar Singh which resulted in Amar resigning from all party posts on January 6.
Prior to his resignation, Amar Singh in his blog, posted on December 31, had written, “Of late, my level of sensibility and sense of political responsibility have taken a back seat. I have learnt to take personal criticism in my stride and for the first time in my political career I am giving more preference to my family and in the bargain I have chosen to ignore the council elections in my native state.… No one is indispensable. I am desperate to create my political dispensability in order to avoid unnecessary tension and lot of hard work which is detrimental to my present state of health and is against my doctor’s advice.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'