`Amar Singh lodged in separate Tihar cell`
New Delhi: Tihar Jail authorities on Friday told a Delhi court that Rajya Sabha MP Amar Singh, who has sought bail on health grounds in the 2008 cash-for-vote case,
has been kept in a separate cell under hygienic conditions in the prison.
The report submitted to the court of Special Judge Sangita Dhingra Sehgal, through fax, however, added that the outcome of some crucial medical tests of Singh is still awaited.
After receiving the report, the court posted the matter for further arguments on the interim bail plea of 55-year-old former Samajwadi Party general secretary to September 12 and directed the jail authorities to submit all medical reports by
11 am on Monday.
"As per the doctor, attending on accused (Amar Singh), some tests have been advised like blood and urine. Results and outcome of these reports are awaited. Let the report come on September 12 by 11 am," the judge said.
In its report, the prison authorities also told the court that its jail hospital has well-equipped ambulances to rush a patient to appropriate hospitals in a condition of emergency round-the-clock.
The jail administration said Singh, who was arrested on September 6 for his alleged role in the cash-for-vote scam, has been kept in ward number four of jail number three which has 20 cells each measuring 22x8 feet. Each cell has its own
separate toilet and bathroom and Singh does not have to share common public toilet, it said.
The report also said Singh, who had initially refused to give his blood sample for the medical test, agreed to give a sample this morning.
In the last three days, Singh has not made any complaint regarding his health, the prison administration said.
Counsel for Singh, Hariharan, told the court that the reports "are only cursory" and "an opinion of jail superintendent", which cannot be relied upon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Islamic State attracts young recruits with free honeymoon, stipend for family
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- MSBSHSE Class XII HSC results 2015: Maharashtra Class 12th Board results declared on mahresult.nic.in
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- Gujarat Board Results 2015: Gujarat Board HSC class 12th science results to be declared today at 9 AM on gseb.org