`Amar Singh lodged in separate Tihar cell`
New Delhi: Tihar Jail authorities on Friday told a Delhi court that Rajya Sabha MP Amar Singh, who has sought bail on health grounds in the 2008 cash-for-vote case,
has been kept in a separate cell under hygienic conditions in the prison.
The report submitted to the court of Special Judge Sangita Dhingra Sehgal, through fax, however, added that the outcome of some crucial medical tests of Singh is still awaited.
After receiving the report, the court posted the matter for further arguments on the interim bail plea of 55-year-old former Samajwadi Party general secretary to September 12 and directed the jail authorities to submit all medical reports by
11 am on Monday.
"As per the doctor, attending on accused (Amar Singh), some tests have been advised like blood and urine. Results and outcome of these reports are awaited. Let the report come on September 12 by 11 am," the judge said.
In its report, the prison authorities also told the court that its jail hospital has well-equipped ambulances to rush a patient to appropriate hospitals in a condition of emergency round-the-clock.
The jail administration said Singh, who was arrested on September 6 for his alleged role in the cash-for-vote scam, has been kept in ward number four of jail number three which has 20 cells each measuring 22x8 feet. Each cell has its own
separate toilet and bathroom and Singh does not have to share common public toilet, it said.
The report also said Singh, who had initially refused to give his blood sample for the medical test, agreed to give a sample this morning.
In the last three days, Singh has not made any complaint regarding his health, the prison administration said.
Counsel for Singh, Hariharan, told the court that the reports "are only cursory" and "an opinion of jail superintendent", which cannot be relied upon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NT Awards 2016: Zeenews.com bags 'Best News Channel Website' honour
- Son of Kota Central jail prisoner clears IIT entrance exam
- Cabinet approves Act allowing malls, restaurants, theaters to stay open 24×7
- New framework that can predict terrorist attacks developed!
- Actor Irrfan Khan stirs controversy over statement on Ramadan rituals
- NT Awards 2016: Zee News wins five awards in various categories
- AAP advertising budget less than money spent on PM Modi's clothes: Arvind Kejriwal
- ''Disappointment'' over Pay Commission due to Centre's inability to rein in inflation: JD (U)
- Want to live longer? Restrict your calorie intake!
- Maharashtra B.Ed CET Result 2016: dhe.mhpravesh.in declares B.Ed CET Results, check B.Ed result 2016 by directly clicking here