Amar Singh made a scapegoat: Samajwadi Party
New Delhi: Terming the arrest of its former
leader Amar Singh in 2008 cash-for vote scam as a "whitewash",
the Samajwadi Party on Tuesday alleged that he had been made a
scapegoat in the case by the Delhi Police.
"He has been made a scapegoat. This is nothing but a
whitewash by Delhi Police following strictures from the
Supreme Court," SP national spokesman and General Secretary
Mohan Singh said here.
He said the Delhi Police should follow the apex court
directives and find the source of the money which will be the
clinching evidence in the case.
Asked whether the SP would raise the issue in Parliament,
Mohan Singh said a decision in this regard would be taken
The party had expelled Amar Singh in February last year
after he fell out with its leadership.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!