Amar Singh made a scapegoat: Samajwadi Party
New Delhi: Terming the arrest of its former
leader Amar Singh in 2008 cash-for vote scam as a "whitewash",
the Samajwadi Party on Tuesday alleged that he had been made a
scapegoat in the case by the Delhi Police.
"He has been made a scapegoat. This is nothing but a
whitewash by Delhi Police following strictures from the
Supreme Court," SP national spokesman and General Secretary
Mohan Singh said here.
He said the Delhi Police should follow the apex court
directives and find the source of the money which will be the
clinching evidence in the case.
Asked whether the SP would raise the issue in Parliament,
Mohan Singh said a decision in this regard would be taken
The party had expelled Amar Singh in February last year
after he fell out with its leadership.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter