Amar Singh meets HM, seeks 24-hour security cover
New Delhi: Expelled Samajwadi Party leader
Amar Singh on Thursday met Home Minister P Chidambaram and sought
round the clock security for himself.
"The security personnel provided to me by the Delhi
Police come at 9 o`clock in the morning and leave at 5 o`clock
in the evening. I have requested the Home Minister to give me
security cover round the clock," Singh told reporters after
Singh said the Home Minister had assured him that he
would consider his request.
Amar Singh enjoys `Y` category security under which he
is entitled to two personal security officers (PSOs), one head
constable and four constables with an escort car.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Jasprit Bumrah jumps to career best No. 2 spot in ICC T20I Rankings
- Water tanker scam: ACB summons Delhi Water Minister Kapil Mishra for questioning
- Now recharge your body and phone with KFC's 'Watt a Box' meal!- Watch
- Volkswagen to pay $10 billion in US over emissions scandal: Source
- PM Narendra Modi meets Chinese President Xi Jinping, seeks support for India's NSG bid