Amar Singh meets HM, seeks 24-hour security cover
New Delhi: Expelled Samajwadi Party leader
Amar Singh on Thursday met Home Minister P Chidambaram and sought
round the clock security for himself.
"The security personnel provided to me by the Delhi
Police come at 9 o`clock in the morning and leave at 5 o`clock
in the evening. I have requested the Home Minister to give me
security cover round the clock," Singh told reporters after
Singh said the Home Minister had assured him that he
would consider his request.
Amar Singh enjoys `Y` category security under which he
is entitled to two personal security officers (PSOs), one head
constable and four constables with an escort car.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez