Amar Singh meets HM, seeks 24-hour security cover
New Delhi: Expelled Samajwadi Party leader
Amar Singh on Thursday met Home Minister P Chidambaram and sought
round the clock security for himself.
"The security personnel provided to me by the Delhi
Police come at 9 o`clock in the morning and leave at 5 o`clock
in the evening. I have requested the Home Minister to give me
security cover round the clock," Singh told reporters after
Singh said the Home Minister had assured him that he
would consider his request.
Amar Singh enjoys `Y` category security under which he
is entitled to two personal security officers (PSOs), one head
constable and four constables with an escort car.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire