Amar Singh meets HM, seeks 24-hour security cover
New Delhi: Expelled Samajwadi Party leader
Amar Singh on Thursday met Home Minister P Chidambaram and sought
round the clock security for himself.
"The security personnel provided to me by the Delhi
Police come at 9 o`clock in the morning and leave at 5 o`clock
in the evening. I have requested the Home Minister to give me
security cover round the clock," Singh told reporters after
Singh said the Home Minister had assured him that he
would consider his request.
Amar Singh enjoys `Y` category security under which he
is entitled to two personal security officers (PSOs), one head
constable and four constables with an escort car.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai