Amar Singh seeks court`s nod to go abroad
New Delhi: Two days after being discharged
from hospital, Rajya Sabha MP Amar Singh, an accused in the
2008 cash-for-vote scam case, has moved a Delhi court seeking
its permission to go abroad for treatment of his kidney
In an application to Special Judge Sangita Dhingra
Sehgal, Singh said he has been undergoing treatment at
Singapore`s Mount Elizabeth Hospital following his kidney
transplant and he needs to go there for regular check-up.
The court has issued notice to Delhi police for November
3 for its response on Singh`s plea.
Singh, who was undergoing treatment under judicial
custody at All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS),
was granted bail by the Delhi High Court on October 24 on
"humanitarian grounds" in view of his "critical" condition.
He was, however, discharged from the AIIMS on October 30.
The High Court, while granting bail to Singh, had said
that he would not leave the country without prior permission
of the lower court.
Singh, 55, was admitted to the AIIMS on September 12
after his health condition deteriorated in Tihar Jail
following his arrest in the case on September 6.
Singh has been booked under the Prevention of Corruption
Act and the IPC for his alleged role in the cash-for-vote
Sudheendra Kulkarni, former aide of BJP leader L K
Advani, former BJP MPs Faggan Singh Kulaste and Mahabir Singh
Bhagora, co-accused Suhail Hindustani and Sanjeev Saxena are
presently in jail in connection with the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing