Amar Singh shares Samajwadi Party`s views on Hazare
New Delhi: Amar Singh on Tuesday sought to
support the views of Samajwadi Party, which had expelled him,
that Gandhian Anna Hazare cannot bring about change in the
system by merely slamming politicians.
"...Is Hazare bigger than Mahatma Gandhi who had said
that one should hate the sin and not the sinner. What is wrong
in Om Prakash Chautala and Uma Bharti reaching out to
Hazare...is he bigger than Gandhi, JP, Lord Buddha that he
criticised the politicians who had come to support his cause,"
Singh wrote in his latest blog posting.
He said people like Lord Buddha, Jai Prakash Narain
and Vinoba Bhave helped criminals reform themselves.
He said though Hazare may consider Agriculture
Minister Sharad Pawar a "bad" person, he should at least ask
the people of Baramati (Pawar`s pocket borough) how they feel
"Politicians at least have their Baramatis, but what
about judges, officials and journalists who only take and have
nothing to pay back to the society," Singh said.
Singh said though he and SP General Secretary and
National Spokesperson Mohan Singh have exchanged barbs, he
supported what the latter had said about Hazare`s statement
that politicians should be fed to vultures.
The Rajya Sabha member felt that BJP MP and eminent
lawyer Ram Jethmalani should have been taken on the Joint
Drafting Committee instead of another known lawyer Prashant
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Modi govt 'promoting Brahmanism' in the name of 'Hindu Rashtravad': Arundhati Roy
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram