Amar Singh shares Samajwadi Party`s views on Hazare
New Delhi: Amar Singh on Tuesday sought to
support the views of Samajwadi Party, which had expelled him,
that Gandhian Anna Hazare cannot bring about change in the
system by merely slamming politicians.
"...Is Hazare bigger than Mahatma Gandhi who had said
that one should hate the sin and not the sinner. What is wrong
in Om Prakash Chautala and Uma Bharti reaching out to
Hazare...is he bigger than Gandhi, JP, Lord Buddha that he
criticised the politicians who had come to support his cause,"
Singh wrote in his latest blog posting.
He said people like Lord Buddha, Jai Prakash Narain
and Vinoba Bhave helped criminals reform themselves.
He said though Hazare may consider Agriculture
Minister Sharad Pawar a "bad" person, he should at least ask
the people of Baramati (Pawar`s pocket borough) how they feel
"Politicians at least have their Baramatis, but what
about judges, officials and journalists who only take and have
nothing to pay back to the society," Singh said.
Singh said though he and SP General Secretary and
National Spokesperson Mohan Singh have exchanged barbs, he
supported what the latter had said about Hazare`s statement
that politicians should be fed to vultures.
The Rajya Sabha member felt that BJP MP and eminent
lawyer Ram Jethmalani should have been taken on the Joint
Drafting Committee instead of another known lawyer Prashant
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Indrani attempted suicide or big security lapse by jail authorities?
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Team India, South Africa arrive for second T20 match
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?