Amar Singh shows `some signs` of improvement
New Delhi: Rajya Sabha MP Amar Singh, who is undergoing treatment for urinary tract infection at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences here, on Thursday showed some signs of improvement even as his creatinine level remained high.
Arrested for his alleged role in the 2008 cash-for-vote scam, Singh, 55, was admitted in the private ward of AIIMS at 9.12 pm on Monday.
"He has shown some signs of improvement. His general condition is ok and he has no fever. His diabetes and sugar is well under control. And when I went to his room this morning he himself said he was feeling better," Dr Sanjay Gupta, who
is looking into the MP`s case, said.
Gupta, however, said, "The creatinine level (a marker of kidney function) continues to fluctuate. As such all is not normal in the renal front and it needs to be monitored for another two to three days. His urine is still showing evidence
Escherichia coli, a type of bacteria has been found to be the cause of the urinary tract infection suffered by Singh who had undergone a kidney transplant surgery in Singapore in July, 2009.
With diarrhoea and vomiting still prevailing, Singh has been asked to be on porridge diet, he said.
Patients of renal transplant are on special immune suppressant medications and are prone to infection so are advised to stay away from it. Singh developed infection and because of UTI the transplant per se has shown deterioration,
Gupta, an additional professor at Department of Nephrology, said.
Consultants from department of gastroenterology and endocrinology and psychiatry too are looking into his case as he also suffers from hypertension and diabetes.
Singh was shifted to AIIMS after a panel of doctors at Tihar Jail found his creatinine levels high.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- Those killed in Kashmir hadn't gone to buy milk and toffee, says Mehbooba Mufti
- Renault Kwid AMT ready in 800cc and 1.0-litre guise
- More typhoons expected in China next month
- Raghuram Rajan, Arvind Subramanian 'foisted' on India by Americans: Swamy
- Former French President Nicolas Sarkozy terms burkini as 'provocation' that supports radical Islam