Amar Singh shows `some signs` of improvement
New Delhi: Rajya Sabha MP Amar Singh, who is undergoing treatment for urinary tract infection at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences here, on Thursday showed some signs of improvement even as his creatinine level remained high.
Arrested for his alleged role in the 2008 cash-for-vote scam, Singh, 55, was admitted in the private ward of AIIMS at 9.12 pm on Monday.
"He has shown some signs of improvement. His general condition is ok and he has no fever. His diabetes and sugar is well under control. And when I went to his room this morning he himself said he was feeling better," Dr Sanjay Gupta, who
is looking into the MP`s case, said.
Gupta, however, said, "The creatinine level (a marker of kidney function) continues to fluctuate. As such all is not normal in the renal front and it needs to be monitored for another two to three days. His urine is still showing evidence
Escherichia coli, a type of bacteria has been found to be the cause of the urinary tract infection suffered by Singh who had undergone a kidney transplant surgery in Singapore in July, 2009.
With diarrhoea and vomiting still prevailing, Singh has been asked to be on porridge diet, he said.
Patients of renal transplant are on special immune suppressant medications and are prone to infection so are advised to stay away from it. Singh developed infection and because of UTI the transplant per se has shown deterioration,
Gupta, an additional professor at Department of Nephrology, said.
Consultants from department of gastroenterology and endocrinology and psychiatry too are looking into his case as he also suffers from hypertension and diabetes.
Singh was shifted to AIIMS after a panel of doctors at Tihar Jail found his creatinine levels high.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?
- IRS website hacked by suspected Pakistani hackers, messages like 'Pakistan Zindabad' posted