Amar told us Bhushan spoke to Mulayam: cops
New Delhi: Delhi Police on Friday told a court
here that it did not find it necessary to record the
statements of Samajwadi Party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav and
Rajya Sabha MP Amar Singh to ascertain the authenticity of
voices on the CD purportedly having their talks with lawyer
The police said it did not deem it fit to record
the two leaders` statement as the fact that Yadav talked to
Bhushan came out during Singh`s examination by it.
"The statements of Mulayam Singh Yadav and Amar Singh
were not recorded under section 161 CrPC as it was not
considered necessary as the scope of investigation was only to
ascertain if the CD in question was fabricated," the Special
Cell of Delhi police told Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Vinod
Maintaining that recording Amar Singh`s statement was not
necessary, the police said "the factum of having a
conversation with Mulayam Singh Yadav has been corroborated
during examination of Amar Singh who stated that he made a
telephonic call to Yadav and gave the receiver to Shanti
Bhushan who started talking to him and at that point of time,
he (Amar Singh) left the room."
"This part of the statement at least establishes the
circumstances of the conversation having taken place between
the complainant (Shanti Bhushan) and Mulayam Singh Yadav. The
expert opinion is indicative of the fact that these CDs are
neither doctored nor fabricated."
The submissions were made by the police in its reply to
Shanti Bhushan`s petition challenging the police report`s
seeking cancellation of his (Bhushan`s) complaint that the CD
containing his alleged conversations with Mulayam Singh Yadav
and Amar Singh was fabricated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum