Amarinder clarifies on his letter to Antony
New Delhi: Punjab Congress president
Amarinder Singh on Tuesday clarified that the letter he had written
to Defence Minister AK Antony on the date of birth issue of
Army Chief Gen. VK Singh was only in his personal capacity.
Referring to a media report on the issue, Singh, in
a statement here, said he had written the letter to the
Defence Minister about a month ago putting forth his opinion
on the issue only in his personal capacity.
According to the report, Singh had supported the Army
Chief saying he had the support of the vast majority of
Amarinder was reported to have written that "politics
played a large part in creating the controversy to benefit a
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Meanwhile, Russian forces arrive in Pakistan for `Friendship 2016` joint military drill
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray