Amarinder clarifies on his letter to Antony
New Delhi: Punjab Congress president
Amarinder Singh on Tuesday clarified that the letter he had written
to Defence Minister AK Antony on the date of birth issue of
Army Chief Gen. VK Singh was only in his personal capacity.
Referring to a media report on the issue, Singh, in
a statement here, said he had written the letter to the
Defence Minister about a month ago putting forth his opinion
on the issue only in his personal capacity.
According to the report, Singh had supported the Army
Chief saying he had the support of the vast majority of
Amarinder was reported to have written that "politics
played a large part in creating the controversy to benefit a
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- 500 million at risk of contracting Zika in Americas
- Alastair Cook on verge of breaking Sachin Tendulkar's historic record in Tests
- 73% Indian employees expect promotion in next 12 months
- 2,508 cities selected under PM's scheme for affordable housing
- NEET 2016: From schedule to state governments' position to results announcement - All you need to know