Amarinder clarifies on his letter to Antony
New Delhi: Punjab Congress president
Amarinder Singh on Tuesday clarified that the letter he had written
to Defence Minister AK Antony on the date of birth issue of
Army Chief Gen. VK Singh was only in his personal capacity.
Referring to a media report on the issue, Singh, in
a statement here, said he had written the letter to the
Defence Minister about a month ago putting forth his opinion
on the issue only in his personal capacity.
According to the report, Singh had supported the Army
Chief saying he had the support of the vast majority of
Amarinder was reported to have written that "politics
played a large part in creating the controversy to benefit a
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt