Amarnath pilgrims may register through post office
Chandigarh: Amarnath pilgrims can now register themselves for the annual yatra this year through 100 selected post offices across the country.
The post offices are located in Punjab, Haryana, Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Bihar, Maharashtra and Gujarat, an official spokesman said here today.
The seven Head Post offices identified in the Punjab Postal Circle are Patiala, Sangrur, Ropar, Faridkot, Taran Taran, Gurdaspur and Kapurthala.
The application forms and compulsory health certificate forms will be available with the identified Post offices free of cost and the charges are Rs 20 per registration.
The registration started on May 15 with the encouraging public response and conclude on August one.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- Aamir Khan's remarks on intolerance stir controversy; BJP slams, film fraternity split
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'