Amarnath pilgrims may register through post office
Chandigarh: Amarnath pilgrims can now register themselves for the annual yatra this year through 100 selected post offices across the country.
The post offices are located in Punjab, Haryana, Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Bihar, Maharashtra and Gujarat, an official spokesman said here today.
The seven Head Post offices identified in the Punjab Postal Circle are Patiala, Sangrur, Ropar, Faridkot, Taran Taran, Gurdaspur and Kapurthala.
The application forms and compulsory health certificate forms will be available with the identified Post offices free of cost and the charges are Rs 20 per registration.
The registration started on May 15 with the encouraging public response and conclude on August one.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Sonam Kapoor in awe of Anamika Khanna, stuns in beige drape- Pic you cannot miss!
- WATCH: INCREDIBLE! When The Great Khali crushed two opponents in under a minute!
- Microsoft improves OneDrive photos, adds 'Pokemon Go' detector
- Munich attack: Facebook activates safety check tool
- Anamika Khanna weaves romance at India Couture Week