Amarnath pilgrims may register through post office
Chandigarh: Amarnath pilgrims can now register themselves for the annual yatra this year through 100 selected post offices across the country.
The post offices are located in Punjab, Haryana, Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Bihar, Maharashtra and Gujarat, an official spokesman said here today.
The seven Head Post offices identified in the Punjab Postal Circle are Patiala, Sangrur, Ropar, Faridkot, Taran Taran, Gurdaspur and Kapurthala.
The application forms and compulsory health certificate forms will be available with the identified Post offices free of cost and the charges are Rs 20 per registration.
The registration started on May 15 with the encouraging public response and conclude on August one.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal