Amarnath pilgrims may register through post office
Chandigarh: Amarnath pilgrims can now register themselves for the annual yatra this year through 100 selected post offices across the country.
The post offices are located in Punjab, Haryana, Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Bihar, Maharashtra and Gujarat, an official spokesman said here today.
The seven Head Post offices identified in the Punjab Postal Circle are Patiala, Sangrur, Ropar, Faridkot, Taran Taran, Gurdaspur and Kapurthala.
The application forms and compulsory health certificate forms will be available with the identified Post offices free of cost and the charges are Rs 20 per registration.
The registration started on May 15 with the encouraging public response and conclude on August one.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Persistent cough? Five possible causes and why you should see your doctor!
- Gerard Pique agrees with extra holidays for Neymar
- Politics over Yoga? BMC makes 'Surya Namaskar' mandatory in all affiliated schools in Mumbai
- Russia might use Iran air base again to carry out attacks on terror targets in Syria
- Sri Lanka vs Australia, 2nd ODI — As it happened...