Amarnath Yatra registration to begin from May 10
Jammu: Shri Amarnath Shrine Board (SASB) on Tuesday
said the registration for the annual Amarnath pilgrimage would
begin from May 10.
"The process of Amarnath yatra registration for this year
in Jammu and Kashmir shall commence on 10th May, 2011," Chief
Executive Officer of SASB, R K Goyal said today.
Registration of the pilgrims will commence from counters
established in 121 designated branches of the Jammu and
Kashmir bank, 24 branches of the Yes Bank and 4 district
cooperative banks, Goyal said.
With the curtailment in the annual Amarnath yatra by 15
days, the shrine board in its meeting held on 18th February,
this year decided that pilgrimage shall commence
simultaneously, along both the Baltal and Chandanwari routes
on 29th June and culminate on 13th August.
The SASB has succeeded, this year to increase the number
of registration counters from 121 in 2010 to 149 this year by
securing support from other banks in various states, he said,
adding the counters in the state of Bihar shall remain open
from 3 pm to 6 pm on all weekdays and 1 pm to 4 pm on all
Saturdays during the period of registration, upto August 10.
The registration form can be collected from any of the
designated branches of the banks or downloaded from SASB`s
official website, he said.
Registration will be done through a yatra permit which
will be issued on the submission of the form, along with the
payment of handling charges of Rs 15 per pilgrim, Goyal said.
He also said every registered pilgrim has been provided,
an accidental insurance cover of Rs one lakh at the cost of
the shrine board.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents