Amartya Sen not `Indian in proper sense`, says Subramanian Swamy
New Delhi: Annoyed by the statement of the economist Amartya Sen that Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi will not be the best prime minister for the country, party leader Subramanian Swamy on Saturday said that Sen is not an Indian in the proper sense and that he functions as a foot soldier of the Indian culture.
"Amartya Sen is not an Indian in a proper sense; in fact he is technically a visitor. He actually functions as a foot soldier of Indian culture," said Swamy.
"He will not get a single headline in America and I do not think we should bother to what he says," he added.
In a recent interview to a news channel, Sen has said that a government led by BJP prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi won`t be the best for the country.
Earlier, he had also said that he thought Modi was not a good candidate for the prime minister`s seat and added that he was not anti-BJP but the latter would never be his party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- RIP Amma: When Jayalalithaa sang one of her favourite songs, that too in Hindi - WATCH