Ambedkar cartoon row: Textbooks to be reviewed, says govt
New Delhi: As the uproar over a cartoon of BR Ambedkar continued in Parliament, Union Finance Minister and Leader of the House Pranab Mukherjee assured Lok Sabha on Monday that all objectionable material will be removed.
Addressing the Lower House on behalf of the government, Pranab Mukherjee said that all text books will be reviewed and if any inappropriate content is found it will be removed.
The senior Congress leader also assured action against those found guilty.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical