Ambedkar cartoon row: Textbooks to be reviewed, says govt
New Delhi: As the uproar over a cartoon of BR Ambedkar continued in Parliament, Union Finance Minister and Leader of the House Pranab Mukherjee assured Lok Sabha on Monday that all objectionable material will be removed.
Addressing the Lower House on behalf of the government, Pranab Mukherjee said that all text books will be reviewed and if any inappropriate content is found it will be removed.
The senior Congress leader also assured action against those found guilty.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love